Thursday, November 21, 2013

Four and Twenty Vegetables






A beautiful thing has happened.

Not only am I thinking about vegetables now, but I've got you thinking about vegetables, too.

I've heard from a lot of you that you're not vegetarian, but would like to be headed that direction.  Or at least on the frontage road.

I've also heard from a bunch of you that when you think about your favorite recipes...well, how about that: they happen to be vegetarian!

This has resulted  in 1) You sharing your favorite recipes with me  (thank you!) and 2) You wondering: what am I eating, and can I share the recipes with you?  (why yes, I can!)

Today's recipe comes from my friend Julie.  She says this recipe is a staple at her household.  I tried it because Julie and her family are not crazy, so if they like this dish, it couldn't be that bad.  I also tried it because the recipe has the word "pie" in it.  (Aren't you glad I didn't say "pot?")

Literally, this recipe called for pie crust.  Well, okay, "pastry sheets," but let's be real, it's pie crust.  My sister gave me props because when I sent her a picture of it, she said it looked like a magazine shot.



 Then she went on to say how afraid she is of making pie crust.  Ohhhhh, nononononononono, I interjected- I bought the pie crust, thank you very much.  A lovely little box of pre-made crust; all you have to do is unroll it off of the parchment.  I've made pie crust twice before and while it turned out in the end, there was a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth during its production.  So do yourself a favor and unless you're Mrs. Pillsbury, or have four hours and lots of emotions to spare, buy the dough.


So how do four and twenty vegetables baked in a pie taste?

Survey says: DELICIOUS. Thumbs up from me, the hubs, and one out of two children (the one nay-sayer never met an unprocessed food he wasn't suspicious of, so he doesn't count).

Here's the link for Indian Pot Pie.  Thanks for sharing, Julie!


http://www.vanilla-and-spice.com/2011/12/indian-pot-pie.html

No comments:

Post a Comment